AFO Demo OST AFO Demo OST

Oh funk...that's nasty. Thanks for getting back and reminding me of this gem.

[TFC] - Norpilor [TFC] - Norpilor

Very dark, at times reminiscent of Mr. Crowley.

The pulsating beat was starting to get too much, but the break around the 3 minute mark was a nice touch. I liked how the bass faded out, actually sounded like it was getting farther away with that reverb.

Really digging the lead that comes in after that part too. I feel like it did get a little empty when the pad dropped, though. Good stuff.

CTSG4: Anniversary Edition CTSG4: Anniversary Edition

First off, hats off to everyone involved; The turn-around time for this project sort of blew me away. Everyone was eager to participate, and I think it shows in the final product.

If you want some more details on what each segment represents, you can check out the original thread here: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1383562/1

If you don't feel like reading through all that (lazy asses), each 15 second clip signifies a different year and genre - from the site's origins to present day. There's also an animation being built to go along with this audio featuring some of the flash portal's most prominent artists (http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1388594/1).

Now to address the little tiff below...

I've been contributing audio to Newgrounds for over a decade, but the ONLY reason I'm a part of this collab is because I was lucky enough to stumble upon the topic before all the spots were filled. Moral of the story: Be active in the forums!

Issac's Noir (v2) Issac's Noir (v2)

Must say, I really liked the verby keys, and the sax is just other-worldly. It's just so distantly dissonant and pervasive at the same time, really great - especially when it's doing the trills. The fadeout is pretty spot on too.

Honestly, I would toss out the first 10 seconds. You lose too much energy in the song right out of the gate. I agree that the song lacked a real solid lead, but there was enough other elements going on at points that made it work. Keep it up :D

MirgilCando responds:

Thanks a ton for the compliments and feedback! If I return to this song again I'll see what I can do about the introduction, and I'm experimenting with different leads, but the more you add to the song the harder it gets to get it right, so we'll see about that.

Dead Children Dead Children

It definitely sounds cool. High notes were a bit jarring, could use some more compression to help that.

Not really sure what the point of this wave is though. It's just the same melody played five different ways. It would be awesome if you elaborated on top of it a bit more. If I had to pick one, it'd probably the one that starts around 45 sec, although the reverse fx and deeper one are neat as well.

Could/should be used in something. Good stuff.

austing93 responds:

Thanks for your feedback. I was trying to give the impression of a music box winding down, but there's only so much you can do with audacity.

Chipdrill(teonanacatlrmx) Chipdrill(teonanacatlrmx)

Nice ambient pads you got going on there. When the drums come in, it totally shifts...not sure how well the breakbeats go with those pads. Works much better at the two minute mark, maybe the snare is just too heavy. If you switched parts 0:30-1:45 with 1:45-end it might actually flow better...haha.

Overall, it is a very haunting melody and some excellent percussion elements. You were bold for putting such varying styles together, but it just doesn't quite mold together to the point where it has a great replay value. Keep it up!

Spectrums Survival Adventure Spectrums Survival Adventure

Guitar can help with anything! Haha, I get the adventure feel though. At the 40 sec mark it feels a little dry. Maybe try throwing in some longer, held out strings. And go ahead and continue those throughout the song. Ah, yes...I can see it now.

I like the idea of the break at 1:20 (ish), but it's a little too abrupt and the crash could be a little more powerful. Really good though. Cleaning up a few things, such as keeping the flow more continuous - I could definitely see this in a game :)

Mekkatech responds:

Thanks :)

Fallen (original mix) Fallen (original mix)

There's something about this that reminds me of Katamari Damacy. Ever played it? Roll up the world, star child.

I think it's the detuned synths strings and the phased out vocal funkery. Those coiny chip tune plunks in the background were just right. Excellent work.

Rainforest Dance Rainforest Dance

Took a while to build, but glad I stuck around. Really nice arpeggios on the plucked sounding synth. That is where I'm getting the rainforest vibe from...it's like a pan flute or something.

It'd be appropriate to add some high, waspy toms/bongos; It would really fill out the song during some of the slower parts. Song has a good enough structure, but there is not enough action for the full 6 minutes. Needs some more variation during the middle, after you've already established the theme. Completely random ending, haha.

Overall pretty good though. It's got a nice beat and the melody is catchy. Keep it up.

DinkBot responds:

Thanks RyeGuyHead!

When i started making this I was traveling through the mountains of Colorado, US. I was actually in the car when I came up with the original beat. I totally agree with the bongos...or something. It gets too repetitive, I need to work on that.

Thanks again!
^.^

Dinkbot will not.

Mismer Mismer

It's amazing how full you made just a synth and bass sound, but I suppose you had enough reverb and delay to fill the gaps. I was especially fond of the metallic bell sounding delay after the 30 sec mark. Bringing in the subtle acoustic guitar strumming was a very nice touch as well. It blended everything together; the sounds just starting melting into each other.

The only thing I could see adding to this without ruining the vibe would be some high pads/strings. Might mess up the audio spectrum though...

Great work, and a very entertaining listen (as always).