School Shooter Chic School Shooter Chic

super fuckin heavy

yea the bass drums could maybe thud a bit more (turn down the level and up the low eq?), but the patterns are on point. The higher parts that come in around the 1 minute part should probably come forward a bit more in the mix (it's better later on in the track). Nice use of effects, and the breakdown at 1:30 was quite refreshing. found myself nodding my head along for sure, was ready to jump into a mosh pit around the 2 minute mark.

there's tons of variation in this, but it all seems to fit in together...and bringing back a main riff from time to time is going to allow me to get at least part of this stuck in my head. good shit

Moonburst Moonburst

thanks for (sorta) reviewing my latest, here's your return favor.

(beginning - 0:20) - nice fade in, but bass is a little overpowered during the low end of the filter sweeps

(0:21 - 0:42) - nice way to bring back the theme from the intro. good bouncy beat, but i feel like the snare could have packed some more punch. synths worked together nicely.

(0:42 - 0:45) - not a fan of this transition, needs more leading into the dropoff or I'd flow right into the next part

(0:45 - 1:06) - cool synth part here with the delayed attack, but it does peak a bit before the beat pops back in. rhythm synth has a good build to bring back the main theme.

(1:07 - 1:49) all the parts come together here pretty well. It does start to drag on a bit, could use some parameter tweaks on the synths here to have them play off each other better. could easily work as a video game theme

(1:50 - end) - piano part is ok, but it doesn't fit in at all with the rest of the song...maybe have it start off with it instead?

pretty good work here. melody is catchy and all the parts of the song all have merit. needs more fluidity in the transitions and dynamics throughout to keep it rolling. I'm trying to be constructive here, so try not to take it too personally...

Dowon responds:

OMG Thank you very much!!!~!
I really appreciated your feedback :)

Pixel Heart Pixel Heart

A review, for you.

It is a fairly campy melody, and it really doesn't fit with the sounds used...maybe you could play off the countering the cheery (almost romantic) tune with a discordant lead synth as, like, a social commentary on something...woah, deep. Seriously, though, this would sound a little more appropriate with classical string instruments.

I think switching up the drumbeat around 15 second mark would keep the momentum going more. I like the wiry synth that comes in the next part, especially when it is paired with the square pads...there's a nice balance. The 2nd half does drag a bit, not quite enough variation. I don't think it necessarily needs more instrumentation, but maybe try bringing in the pads and stuff earlier after the break, or even switching up which instrument plays the lead..

Overall, it's ok. There's decent structure and melodic components, but the clash of sound / melody is not mixed with enough variation to rate this thing higher. Keep it up though!

Should probably upload it as a loop :D

Paranoidhumanoise responds:

I couldn't ask for better feedback than this, thank you for taking the extra time for some creative criticism. Cheers!

AFO Demo OST AFO Demo OST

Oh funk...that's nasty. Thanks for getting back and reminding me of this gem.

[TFC] - Norpilor [TFC] - Norpilor

Very dark, at times reminiscent of Mr. Crowley.

The pulsating beat was starting to get too much, but the break around the 3 minute mark was a nice touch. I liked how the bass faded out, actually sounded like it was getting farther away with that reverb.

Really digging the lead that comes in after that part too. I feel like it did get a little empty when the pad dropped, though. Good stuff.

CTSG4: Anniversary Edition CTSG4: Anniversary Edition

First off, hats off to everyone involved; The turn-around time for this project sort of blew me away. Everyone was eager to participate, and I think it shows in the final product.

If you want some more details on what each segment represents, you can check out the original thread here: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1383562/1

If you don't feel like reading through all that (lazy asses), each 15 second clip signifies a different year and genre - from the site's origins to present day. There's also an animation being built to go along with this audio featuring some of the flash portal's most prominent artists (http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1388594/1).

Now to address the little tiff below...

I've been contributing audio to Newgrounds for over a decade, but the ONLY reason I'm a part of this collab is because I was lucky enough to stumble upon the topic before all the spots were filled. Moral of the story: Be active in the forums!

Issac's Noir (v2) Issac's Noir (v2)

Must say, I really liked the verby keys, and the sax is just other-worldly. It's just so distantly dissonant and pervasive at the same time, really great - especially when it's doing the trills. The fadeout is pretty spot on too.

Honestly, I would toss out the first 10 seconds. You lose too much energy in the song right out of the gate. I agree that the song lacked a real solid lead, but there was enough other elements going on at points that made it work. Keep it up :D

MirgilCando responds:

Thanks a ton for the compliments and feedback! If I return to this song again I'll see what I can do about the introduction, and I'm experimenting with different leads, but the more you add to the song the harder it gets to get it right, so we'll see about that.

Dead Children Dead Children

It definitely sounds cool. High notes were a bit jarring, could use some more compression to help that.

Not really sure what the point of this wave is though. It's just the same melody played five different ways. It would be awesome if you elaborated on top of it a bit more. If I had to pick one, it'd probably the one that starts around 45 sec, although the reverse fx and deeper one are neat as well.

Could/should be used in something. Good stuff.

austing93 responds:

Thanks for your feedback. I was trying to give the impression of a music box winding down, but there's only so much you can do with audacity.

Chipdrill(teonanacatlrmx) Chipdrill(teonanacatlrmx)

Nice ambient pads you got going on there. When the drums come in, it totally shifts...not sure how well the breakbeats go with those pads. Works much better at the two minute mark, maybe the snare is just too heavy. If you switched parts 0:30-1:45 with 1:45-end it might actually flow better...haha.

Overall, it is a very haunting melody and some excellent percussion elements. You were bold for putting such varying styles together, but it just doesn't quite mold together to the point where it has a great replay value. Keep it up!

Spectrums Survival Adventure Spectrums Survival Adventure

Guitar can help with anything! Haha, I get the adventure feel though. At the 40 sec mark it feels a little dry. Maybe try throwing in some longer, held out strings. And go ahead and continue those throughout the song. Ah, yes...I can see it now.

I like the idea of the break at 1:20 (ish), but it's a little too abrupt and the crash could be a little more powerful. Really good though. Cleaning up a few things, such as keeping the flow more continuous - I could definitely see this in a game :)

Mekkatech responds: