Water Polo Water Polo

hahaha...this is hilarious, not what I was expecting.

Sounds like your mouth is full of that fried rice at the beginning.

Carf-ArcadeManiaMix Demo Carf-ArcadeManiaMix Demo

Awesome job of tossing the melody around to different synths. I feel much more engaged in a song when the lead instrument stays fresh. Some of the sound effects/drums were a bit...out there. They would probably fit better if they synced up to your drawing, though.

The poly synth bass at the 30-52 second had some serious dischord with another synth run happening towards the end of the pattern. That really threw me off. But that's the only major thing I can think of. Other than that, this audio is very unique and diverse.

I could probably listen to another seven minutes of this, barring it constantly evolves like in this sample

Got Me Good Got Me Good

I think the intro might be a little too busy. You would probably be better off just starting it at the 10 or 18 second mark. It's a really cool lead line, rhthymicly. I like how you dropped out the melody when they lyrics started, it made it a lot easier to hear (and pay attention) the vocals.

I like the idea of adding orchestral elements at the 2:42 mark, but I think there should be more. Maybe some horns or a timpani or something. The pizzicato strings sound slightly out of place by themselves, but if there was more accompanying it (during 2:40+) it might not be so jarring.

The vocal harmony at the end was neat, but you waited too long to bring it in. I would drop it all together and end on a quick "got me good" use the harmony on that line earlier.

Anyways, this is a good song with a lot of potential. I hope you take my words with a grain of salt., I'm just trying to help out (saw this on the WIP thread)

Portal Panic - Portal thm Portal Panic - Portal thm

Pretty good, but I wanted that square synth to have some more warble(LFO), if you know what I mean. Maybe you could just use the mod wheel...

Nice little tribute, good to have you back!

Fairy's Fountain Loop Fairy's Fountain Loop

Good, but that synth is overpowering...you can barely hear the harp-eggiator.

Nice addition of the drums and the vocals/choir/strings sound superb.

It sounds like if Enya was the fairy of the fountain, haha. Loops pretty well

VGSongbird responds:

Thanks ^_^
I wanted to keep the melody a little louder, but I guess I could've toned it down.

Deluded Perception (ft. Amy L) Deluded Perception (ft. Amy L)

Incredibly unique.

The vocals are almost like spoken word, with some pretty cool effects.

Really neat fusion of electronic and orchestral elements on this one, especially liking the sequenced leads. The drums evolve nicely too, starting with some hats and progressing to very well placed hits and breaks. The off beat synth hits sound a lot better when there's that extra wah thrown on them. Without it, they stick out a bit too much. You might consider removing the breath noises as well.

Any way, respect

Dark Matter (first edit) Dark Matter (first edit)

I'm really digging the washed out reverb and chorus combined with the clean strumming.

This song can (and should) be a lot longer. Just repeat those two parts and come up with some sort of bridge or outro.

*The slide at the end made me laugh*

Shoppingcart Racers Shoppingcart Racers

Too bad about that game...seemed like a cool idea. But I don't know about it being better than mario kart; Double Dash was a great game.

As far as this audio goes, sounds great. Good mix, I liked how hollow the strings sounded, and how the bass was doubled by brass sound. The trumpet solo is pretty awesome too. It really carries the song well throughout the pulsating drums and bass, which I can see fitting really well in a racing type setting. Loops pretty flawlessly too.

Great work on this, I'm sure it will be used by something soon enough :D

Maverlyn responds:

You don't wanna You don't wanna

well

this is pretty damn awesome

At 2:50, it would sound better if the guitar was doing more of a solo. You might consider taking out some of the breaths too. That's my only real critique, though.

Mix is pretty good, the recording is spot on, the lyrics are great.

Excellent work

Lundsfryd responds:

Thanks man. I'm glad you like it man. I have to say I love the solo bit or though it's more noise than techniqe. I think it's uniqe.

Solus- Morning Genesis Solus- Morning Genesis

Ethereal

It's like waking up and looking out over a vast, foreign landscape.

Good use of traditional orchestra instrumentation. I like how you start out with the flutes playing the melody, and then switch it up to different sections like the strings and vibes and such. Having played sax in the school band, I know that's how these compositions usually go.

Now you just have to throw in some different movements ;)

In the middle, around the one minute mark, the strings playing lead should probably have a bit of a faster attack. Other than that, great job.

SolusLunes responds:

I suppose I could throw in a couple of different movements, but that would require extending this.

Maybe for later.