Be a Supporter!

RyeGuyHeadRyeGuyHead

Main News Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 77 Fans

346 audio Reviews with Responses

Issac's Noir (v2) Issac's Noir (v2)

Must say, I really liked the verby keys, and the sax is just other-worldly. It's just so distantly dissonant and pervasive at the same time, really great - especially when it's doing the trills. The fadeout is pretty spot on too.

Honestly, I would toss out the first 10 seconds. You lose too much energy in the song right out of the gate. I agree that the song lacked a real solid lead, but there was enough other elements going on at points that made it work. Keep it up :D

MirgilCando responds:

Thanks a ton for the compliments and feedback! If I return to this song again I'll see what I can do about the introduction, and I'm experimenting with different leads, but the more you add to the song the harder it gets to get it right, so we'll see about that.

Dead Children Dead Children

It definitely sounds cool. High notes were a bit jarring, could use some more compression to help that.

Not really sure what the point of this wave is though. It's just the same melody played five different ways. It would be awesome if you elaborated on top of it a bit more. If I had to pick one, it'd probably the one that starts around 45 sec, although the reverse fx and deeper one are neat as well.

Could/should be used in something. Good stuff.

austing93 responds:

Thanks for your feedback. I was trying to give the impression of a music box winding down, but there's only so much you can do with audacity.

Spectrums Survival Adventure Spectrums Survival Adventure

Guitar can help with anything! Haha, I get the adventure feel though. At the 40 sec mark it feels a little dry. Maybe try throwing in some longer, held out strings. And go ahead and continue those throughout the song. Ah, yes...I can see it now.

I like the idea of the break at 1:20 (ish), but it's a little too abrupt and the crash could be a little more powerful. Really good though. Cleaning up a few things, such as keeping the flow more continuous - I could definitely see this in a game :)

Mekkatech responds:

Thanks :)

Rainforest Dance Rainforest Dance

Took a while to build, but glad I stuck around. Really nice arpeggios on the plucked sounding synth. That is where I'm getting the rainforest vibe from...it's like a pan flute or something.

It'd be appropriate to add some high, waspy toms/bongos; It would really fill out the song during some of the slower parts. Song has a good enough structure, but there is not enough action for the full 6 minutes. Needs some more variation during the middle, after you've already established the theme. Completely random ending, haha.

Overall pretty good though. It's got a nice beat and the melody is catchy. Keep it up.

DinkBot responds:

Thanks RyeGuyHead!

When i started making this I was traveling through the mountains of Colorado, US. I was actually in the car when I came up with the original beat. I totally agree with the bongos...or something. It gets too repetitive, I need to work on that.

Thanks again!
^.^

Dinkbot will not.

shangatang shangatang

I always get down to a good tom line - especially accompanied by some bongos. Really dug all of the percussive elements, even if they seemed random at times. Bass is low and gritty, and perfectly out of place.

The last 15 seconds were pretty weak compared to the rest of the song, but it definitely helped with the looping.

Tarteviant responds:

Thanks :3

COH:L - Forest COH:L - Forest

How can Hope be Hopeless? Oh, Hope is a town? Maybe want to come up with another name...

But the MUSIC!

Very much getting the forest vibe, especially around the 15 second mark, where the melody is being tossed around to all of the instruments. I'm getting this sense of trudging along out of the bass. I like when the kicks/hi hats come in at the end, and I think you can utilize them more throughout.

Nice work!

(p.s. the loop is a bit off, should end around the 2:12 mark.)

Nicksmall94 responds:

Hope isn't a town and hope can be hopeless. But thanks!

This High. This High.

ahhhhh, why is it only on the left? Listening to this in headphones is actually killing my high.

I think I get the tags now.

slopndoodle responds:

Whoops, forgot to mix it. I have to delete now.

Closer Within Closer Within

Very interesting story, similar to mine.

Although C flat and F flat? Why not just say B and E? haha

The voice that says "Bring the bass" should totally be an octave lower. I think it would 1) be appropriate with the lyrics 2) fill out the song.

Keep it up.

C112Covert responds:

thank you for being blunt. its hard to find someone that will actually be a critic. most are too nice. they just say good job without stating their true opinion. thank you for that. if i make more songs ill defiently run them by you. ill stay in touch.

Pico 2: Final Boss Pico 2: Final Boss

I agree with Cyrberdevil about the theme. You need to throw some more kicks and crashes in there to give it the boss fight atmosphere. This feels more like a space voyage through an asteroid belt - a frozen asteroid belt.

The synth arpeggios got a little repetitive, but an overall solid tune.

Gaycied responds:

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind in the future. And yea, I tried to change things up a bit in the song a few times, but a lot of the things I was adding was either clashing or got annoying the more I listened to the song.

Esdeer — UNtitled [DEMO] Esdeer — UNtitled [DEMO]

This is badass. I really love the way the strings, hits, and guitar work together. It's a good mix and a nice melody/theme for said anime opening.

One of the hi hats (around 30 sec mark) sounds a bit off when it's played too quickly, but everything else is pretty spot on.

You wrote all this?

Esdeer responds:

Thanks for comment.

Yeah, I've wrote all this.

>hi hats (around 30 sec mark)
And I'm planning to fix it in future version.