346 audio Reviews with Responses

Moonburst Moonburst

thanks for (sorta) reviewing my latest, here's your return favor.

(beginning - 0:20) - nice fade in, but bass is a little overpowered during the low end of the filter sweeps

(0:21 - 0:42) - nice way to bring back the theme from the intro. good bouncy beat, but i feel like the snare could have packed some more punch. synths worked together nicely.

(0:42 - 0:45) - not a fan of this transition, needs more leading into the dropoff or I'd flow right into the next part

(0:45 - 1:06) - cool synth part here with the delayed attack, but it does peak a bit before the beat pops back in. rhythm synth has a good build to bring back the main theme.

(1:07 - 1:49) all the parts come together here pretty well. It does start to drag on a bit, could use some parameter tweaks on the synths here to have them play off each other better. could easily work as a video game theme

(1:50 - end) - piano part is ok, but it doesn't fit in at all with the rest of the song...maybe have it start off with it instead?

pretty good work here. melody is catchy and all the parts of the song all have merit. needs more fluidity in the transitions and dynamics throughout to keep it rolling. I'm trying to be constructive here, so try not to take it too personally...

Dowon responds:

OMG Thank you very much!!!~!
I really appreciated your feedback :)

Pixel Heart Pixel Heart

A review, for you.

It is a fairly campy melody, and it really doesn't fit with the sounds used...maybe you could play off the countering the cheery (almost romantic) tune with a discordant lead synth as, like, a social commentary on something...woah, deep. Seriously, though, this would sound a little more appropriate with classical string instruments.

I think switching up the drumbeat around 15 second mark would keep the momentum going more. I like the wiry synth that comes in the next part, especially when it is paired with the square pads...there's a nice balance. The 2nd half does drag a bit, not quite enough variation. I don't think it necessarily needs more instrumentation, but maybe try bringing in the pads and stuff earlier after the break, or even switching up which instrument plays the lead..

Overall, it's ok. There's decent structure and melodic components, but the clash of sound / melody is not mixed with enough variation to rate this thing higher. Keep it up though!

Should probably upload it as a loop :D

Paranoidhumanoise responds:

I couldn't ask for better feedback than this, thank you for taking the extra time for some creative criticism. Cheers!

Issac's Noir (v2) Issac's Noir (v2)

Must say, I really liked the verby keys, and the sax is just other-worldly. It's just so distantly dissonant and pervasive at the same time, really great - especially when it's doing the trills. The fadeout is pretty spot on too.

Honestly, I would toss out the first 10 seconds. You lose too much energy in the song right out of the gate. I agree that the song lacked a real solid lead, but there was enough other elements going on at points that made it work. Keep it up :D

MirgilCando responds:

Thanks a ton for the compliments and feedback! If I return to this song again I'll see what I can do about the introduction, and I'm experimenting with different leads, but the more you add to the song the harder it gets to get it right, so we'll see about that.

Dead Children Dead Children

It definitely sounds cool. High notes were a bit jarring, could use some more compression to help that.

Not really sure what the point of this wave is though. It's just the same melody played five different ways. It would be awesome if you elaborated on top of it a bit more. If I had to pick one, it'd probably the one that starts around 45 sec, although the reverse fx and deeper one are neat as well.

Could/should be used in something. Good stuff.

austing93 responds:

Thanks for your feedback. I was trying to give the impression of a music box winding down, but there's only so much you can do with audacity.

Spectrums Survival Adventure Spectrums Survival Adventure

Guitar can help with anything! Haha, I get the adventure feel though. At the 40 sec mark it feels a little dry. Maybe try throwing in some longer, held out strings. And go ahead and continue those throughout the song. Ah, yes...I can see it now.

I like the idea of the break at 1:20 (ish), but it's a little too abrupt and the crash could be a little more powerful. Really good though. Cleaning up a few things, such as keeping the flow more continuous - I could definitely see this in a game :)

Mekkatech responds:

Thanks :)

Rainforest Dance Rainforest Dance

Took a while to build, but glad I stuck around. Really nice arpeggios on the plucked sounding synth. That is where I'm getting the rainforest vibe from...it's like a pan flute or something.

It'd be appropriate to add some high, waspy toms/bongos; It would really fill out the song during some of the slower parts. Song has a good enough structure, but there is not enough action for the full 6 minutes. Needs some more variation during the middle, after you've already established the theme. Completely random ending, haha.

Overall pretty good though. It's got a nice beat and the melody is catchy. Keep it up.

DinkBot responds:

Thanks RyeGuyHead!

When i started making this I was traveling through the mountains of Colorado, US. I was actually in the car when I came up with the original beat. I totally agree with the bongos...or something. It gets too repetitive, I need to work on that.

Thanks again!
^.^

Dinkbot will not.

shangatang shangatang

I always get down to a good tom line - especially accompanied by some bongos. Really dug all of the percussive elements, even if they seemed random at times. Bass is low and gritty, and perfectly out of place.

The last 15 seconds were pretty weak compared to the rest of the song, but it definitely helped with the looping.

Tarteviant responds:

Thanks :3

COH:L - Forest COH:L - Forest

How can Hope be Hopeless? Oh, Hope is a town? Maybe want to come up with another name...

But the MUSIC!

Very much getting the forest vibe, especially around the 15 second mark, where the melody is being tossed around to all of the instruments. I'm getting this sense of trudging along out of the bass. I like when the kicks/hi hats come in at the end, and I think you can utilize them more throughout.

Nice work!

(p.s. the loop is a bit off, should end around the 2:12 mark.)

Ironclover responds:

Hope isn't a town and hope can be hopeless. But thanks!

This High. This High.

ahhhhh, why is it only on the left? Listening to this in headphones is actually killing my high.

I think I get the tags now.

slopndoodle responds:

Whoops, forgot to mix it. I have to delete now.

Closer Within Closer Within

Very interesting story, similar to mine.

Although C flat and F flat? Why not just say B and E? haha

The voice that says "Bring the bass" should totally be an octave lower. I think it would 1) be appropriate with the lyrics 2) fill out the song.

Keep it up.

C112Covert responds:

thank you for being blunt. its hard to find someone that will actually be a critic. most are too nice. they just say good job without stating their true opinion. thank you for that. if i make more songs ill defiently run them by you. ill stay in touch.