Be a Supporter!

RyeGuyHeadRyeGuyHead

Main News Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 68 Fans

342 audio Reviews with Responses

shangatang shangatang

I always get down to a good tom line - especially accompanied by some bongos. Really dug all of the percussive elements, even if they seemed random at times. Bass is low and gritty, and perfectly out of place.

The last 15 seconds were pretty weak compared to the rest of the song, but it definitely helped with the looping.

Tarteviant responds:

Thanks :3

COH:L - Forest COH:L - Forest

How can Hope be Hopeless? Oh, Hope is a town? Maybe want to come up with another name...

But the MUSIC!

Very much getting the forest vibe, especially around the 15 second mark, where the melody is being tossed around to all of the instruments. I'm getting this sense of trudging along out of the bass. I like when the kicks/hi hats come in at the end, and I think you can utilize them more throughout.

Nice work!

(p.s. the loop is a bit off, should end around the 2:12 mark.)

Nicksmall94 responds:

Hope isn't a town and hope can be hopeless. But thanks!

This High. This High.

ahhhhh, why is it only on the left? Listening to this in headphones is actually killing my high.

I think I get the tags now.

slopndoodle responds:

Whoops, forgot to mix it. I have to delete now.

Closer Within Closer Within

Very interesting story, similar to mine.

Although C flat and F flat? Why not just say B and E? haha

The voice that says "Bring the bass" should totally be an octave lower. I think it would 1) be appropriate with the lyrics 2) fill out the song.

Keep it up.

C112Covert responds:

thank you for being blunt. its hard to find someone that will actually be a critic. most are too nice. they just say good job without stating their true opinion. thank you for that. if i make more songs ill defiently run them by you. ill stay in touch.

Pico 2: Final Boss Pico 2: Final Boss

I agree with Cyrberdevil about the theme. You need to throw some more kicks and crashes in there to give it the boss fight atmosphere. This feels more like a space voyage through an asteroid belt - a frozen asteroid belt.

The synth arpeggios got a little repetitive, but an overall solid tune.

Gaycied responds:

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind in the future. And yea, I tried to change things up a bit in the song a few times, but a lot of the things I was adding was either clashing or got annoying the more I listened to the song.

Esdeer — UNtitled [DEMO] Esdeer — UNtitled [DEMO]

This is badass. I really love the way the strings, hits, and guitar work together. It's a good mix and a nice melody/theme for said anime opening.

One of the hi hats (around 30 sec mark) sounds a bit off when it's played too quickly, but everything else is pretty spot on.

You wrote all this?

Esdeer responds:

Thanks for comment.

Yeah, I've wrote all this.

>hi hats (around 30 sec mark)
And I'm planning to fix it in future version.

W00ki3-Olipmic Power W00ki3-Olipmic Power

I don't know what it means to "beta test" audio, but here it goes...

It's a nice intro. I liked the auxiliary percussion elements, they had some great timing. Some more reverb would help fill them out more.

The silence at 50 seconds is a bit abrupt, maybe hold that single string note out during that point. I liked the chords that come in around the 1:15 mark. This is a nice theme to build off od. There are some good drum fills during that section as well. I can't help but feel like the chords need to resolve to something lower on the up beat. If I tinkered with this on the piano I could probably find it...

It starts to get a little bit repetitive around the 3 minute mark. The next section that comes in around 3:30 should probably pop up a bit sooner. This song is like some dark kind of regal. Almost as if you're at the Olympics going for gold, but coming up short.

Overall, I think it is a little too long for the amount of variation, but it definitely has some potential.

W00ki3 responds:

Thanks a lot :) I thought that is too long and i need there VOCALS! Nothing else needed ;) and it will be great harmony with it :)

Cosmo Canyon X Cosmo Canyon X

Sometimes less is more. A little bit of washed out reverb on a guitar is all you need to capture the sheer epic-ness on this track.

Is that you playing, by chance? I like this more than the version I just put out :)

gu3Shaw responds:

Sure is! I did this recording YEARS ago. I can't believe people still even see this!

Vengeance Vengeance

Definitely got a good groove going here. My feet are tapping :) You did a nice job of keeping a main theme and building off of it. It's amazing how far a little subtlety goes in a song. For instance, one of the loudest sounds you can use is actually silence...

I felt like the high synths could have faded out a little longer around the 45 sec mark. The lead that comes in at 1:15 is a little too strong to be by itself. Might be a resonance thing, not sure...

That's some pretty sweet bass fillers you're working with. Nice job of bringing it all back around. I'd probably resubmit this one as a loop.

I'm dropping your score slightly, just because I'm not a big fan of samples. Keep at it!

Matches responds:

I'm glad you like it! That thing you just said about silence just gave me an idea for a song, unexpected but I dig it lol. I see what you mean with those synths and the lead, I think that whole transition in between could've used a little more smoothing out too. Smoother high end transitions are definitely another thing I'll remember when making new stuff.

I really appreciate the advise, and the low score is expected with samples, not really my song per say I just helped piece it together

I remember a time when these were the only kind of comments that were given on newgrounds even if someone didn't like something 100%, they gave ideas on how it could be better. Very helpful stuff as usual man, thanks again

False Haven False Haven

I think the tutorials are showing. This song is ripe with experimentation, but it's almost to a fault. Don't get me wrong, all of the fills, filters, and gates sound really cool...I just think they might be a bit overused and take something away from the track as a whole...

Where is the kick drum? I suppose it's ambient, but I still wanted more of a beat. The synth is bassy enough to call for one. I'm a sucker for beats, call it a bias.

The vibe on this is great though. I get that "You should feel nice and happy but you don't because something is just... off" from this. The piano and lead synth create an interesting contrast, whereby both want to be uplifting but the other counteracts it and brings it down. It's some combination of the melody and tone that does this. This is mastered very well, I might add.

Keep it up!

Chemiqals responds:

Thank you for the feedback! It's funny because I specifically went into this song thinking "Ok... I'm NOT gonna use a kick", haha. I just wanted to try something new and perhaps a bit more ambient than the stuff I've attempted previously! I definitely see what you mean about the experimentation. I tried to use it sparingly enough to not ruin the song but enough to give if that "off" vibe, but one pair of ears is never the best judge! Thank you again for the feedback! I really appreciate it! =)