Be a Supporter!

RyeGuyHeadRyeGuyHead

Main News Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 68 Fans

344 audio Reviews with Responses

Spectrums Survival Adventure Spectrums Survival Adventure

Guitar can help with anything! Haha, I get the adventure feel though. At the 40 sec mark it feels a little dry. Maybe try throwing in some longer, held out strings. And go ahead and continue those throughout the song. Ah, yes...I can see it now.

I like the idea of the break at 1:20 (ish), but it's a little too abrupt and the crash could be a little more powerful. Really good though. Cleaning up a few things, such as keeping the flow more continuous - I could definitely see this in a game :)

Mekkatech responds:

Thanks :)

Rainforest Dance Rainforest Dance

Took a while to build, but glad I stuck around. Really nice arpeggios on the plucked sounding synth. That is where I'm getting the rainforest vibe from...it's like a pan flute or something.

It'd be appropriate to add some high, waspy toms/bongos; It would really fill out the song during some of the slower parts. Song has a good enough structure, but there is not enough action for the full 6 minutes. Needs some more variation during the middle, after you've already established the theme. Completely random ending, haha.

Overall pretty good though. It's got a nice beat and the melody is catchy. Keep it up.

DinkBot responds:

Thanks RyeGuyHead!

When i started making this I was traveling through the mountains of Colorado, US. I was actually in the car when I came up with the original beat. I totally agree with the bongos...or something. It gets too repetitive, I need to work on that.

Thanks again!
^.^

Dinkbot will not.

shangatang shangatang

I always get down to a good tom line - especially accompanied by some bongos. Really dug all of the percussive elements, even if they seemed random at times. Bass is low and gritty, and perfectly out of place.

The last 15 seconds were pretty weak compared to the rest of the song, but it definitely helped with the looping.

Tarteviant responds:

Thanks :3

COH:L - Forest COH:L - Forest

How can Hope be Hopeless? Oh, Hope is a town? Maybe want to come up with another name...

But the MUSIC!

Very much getting the forest vibe, especially around the 15 second mark, where the melody is being tossed around to all of the instruments. I'm getting this sense of trudging along out of the bass. I like when the kicks/hi hats come in at the end, and I think you can utilize them more throughout.

Nice work!

(p.s. the loop is a bit off, should end around the 2:12 mark.)

Nicksmall94 responds:

Hope isn't a town and hope can be hopeless. But thanks!

This High. This High.

ahhhhh, why is it only on the left? Listening to this in headphones is actually killing my high.

I think I get the tags now.

slopndoodle responds:

Whoops, forgot to mix it. I have to delete now.

Closer Within Closer Within

Very interesting story, similar to mine.

Although C flat and F flat? Why not just say B and E? haha

The voice that says "Bring the bass" should totally be an octave lower. I think it would 1) be appropriate with the lyrics 2) fill out the song.

Keep it up.

C112Covert responds:

thank you for being blunt. its hard to find someone that will actually be a critic. most are too nice. they just say good job without stating their true opinion. thank you for that. if i make more songs ill defiently run them by you. ill stay in touch.

Pico 2: Final Boss Pico 2: Final Boss

I agree with Cyrberdevil about the theme. You need to throw some more kicks and crashes in there to give it the boss fight atmosphere. This feels more like a space voyage through an asteroid belt - a frozen asteroid belt.

The synth arpeggios got a little repetitive, but an overall solid tune.

Gaycied responds:

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind in the future. And yea, I tried to change things up a bit in the song a few times, but a lot of the things I was adding was either clashing or got annoying the more I listened to the song.

Esdeer — UNtitled [DEMO] Esdeer — UNtitled [DEMO]

This is badass. I really love the way the strings, hits, and guitar work together. It's a good mix and a nice melody/theme for said anime opening.

One of the hi hats (around 30 sec mark) sounds a bit off when it's played too quickly, but everything else is pretty spot on.

You wrote all this?

Esdeer responds:

Thanks for comment.

Yeah, I've wrote all this.

>hi hats (around 30 sec mark)
And I'm planning to fix it in future version.

W00ki3-Olipmic Power W00ki3-Olipmic Power

I don't know what it means to "beta test" audio, but here it goes...

It's a nice intro. I liked the auxiliary percussion elements, they had some great timing. Some more reverb would help fill them out more.

The silence at 50 seconds is a bit abrupt, maybe hold that single string note out during that point. I liked the chords that come in around the 1:15 mark. This is a nice theme to build off od. There are some good drum fills during that section as well. I can't help but feel like the chords need to resolve to something lower on the up beat. If I tinkered with this on the piano I could probably find it...

It starts to get a little bit repetitive around the 3 minute mark. The next section that comes in around 3:30 should probably pop up a bit sooner. This song is like some dark kind of regal. Almost as if you're at the Olympics going for gold, but coming up short.

Overall, I think it is a little too long for the amount of variation, but it definitely has some potential.

W00ki3 responds:

Thanks a lot :) I thought that is too long and i need there VOCALS! Nothing else needed ;) and it will be great harmony with it :)

Cosmo Canyon X Cosmo Canyon X

Sometimes less is more. A little bit of washed out reverb on a guitar is all you need to capture the sheer epic-ness on this track.

Is that you playing, by chance? I like this more than the version I just put out :)

gu3Shaw responds:

Sure is! I did this recording YEARS ago. I can't believe people still even see this!