Ice in a Napkin Ice in a Napkin

Dissonance does = dark.

I think there should have been more bass when the drums came in. And add some snare after the fill where the drums go mute.

The growling bass part is too loud, and definitely hit the wrong note at 57 seconds.

[Putz]Nothing but the Truth [Putz]Nothing but the Truth

Cool

that's some intense rain :D

Piano part is pretty cool, I think more stress/veloicty should be on the second half of the initial riff than the first. And the part at 1:00 would sound better up another octave.

The drums got a little boring after a while...

It's pretty weird, more ambient than most hip hop I've listened to(which isn't that much), but good none the less

putzpie responds:

Actually I think I might put this under ambient after considering your comment.

You are right, this is pretty ambient, more so than most hip-hop.

Thanks man, definitely appreciate any and all comments/critiques. I'll keep that other stuff in mind when making music too.

Alexis, Die(marsofourfather) Alexis, Die(marsofourfather)

neat

the guitar part when the synth came in sounded out of sync. Or maybe its the fact that the synth is not set at the right delay tempo/rate with the drums...

I dunno, I like how it sounds around the 1:45 mark with the piano and at the end.

Maybe you could use a different pad in the beginning?

I like the vibe, though. Don't have great headphones, on but I can't really tell if the drums are recorded or programed. They sound alright, and yes. the kick should be turned up a tad, especially the double bass part.

tootsie10 responds:

yeah i agree i deffently need to turn the kick up, im not all that experienced at using pads this is honestly the first time ive even tinkered with it thanks for keeping it real!

SR - Come With Me SR - Come With Me

Dissonot

ahhh rides...I was particularly fond of the drums

The piano sample (as in the acoustic runs in the background) is a little faint in the mix, especially the part panned left. I really liked how the string pads and the rhodes-esque piano worked together. This song had an all-around excellent control reverb, too much can completely ruin a song.

I found the bass to be the most out of the place part of this piece, mainly the frequency filtering of it.

Couldn't really pick out the guitar part, maybe I should listen again...oh, its in the middle. You should turn up the high eq and the volume a tad, its too far back in the mix.

Cool fade out, maybe you could bring in the voice sooner.

How did you find that youtube video before me...do you google ryeguyhead too?
haha. you're cool ;)

care to check out my latest? no one leaves me reviews...

SineRider responds:

Hmm yeah the piano could use some a work. I'll have to play with the bass a bit to get it right. Also, I should have clarified the guitar part is at 3:12. Sorta jazzy solo. Yeah I could bring it up in the mix, but my playing skill is pretty poor ;)

Some vocals would sound good over this. I think maybe some snippets of singers. I'm not much a vocalist.

About that video, I play on a minecraft server with that guy and he showed me the video. Funny coincidence eh ;)

I'll check it out yours in a minute.

Thanks for the review :)

PixEvo - Intro PixEvo - Intro

it...

sounds more like game over than an intro. maybe it would make more sense if i play the game...so I will. success?

Binaural Euphoria {Experiment} Binaural Euphoria {Experiment}

the bells sound alright

but the bass (pad?) panning back and forth is way too much

Jurassic Park theme Remake Jurassic Park theme Remake

it still sounds like a midi

no remixing either. Put it in orchestral though

I like the song, otherwise id give you a 1 or 2

djresset responds:

its not a midi only some part of it only

Codename: Alien ship (WIP) Codename: Alien ship (WIP)

I like how its going

some of the leads sound too filtered out, its hard to accent the melody when its constantly fading out.

Nice so far. I would do more with the drums in terms of making them sound fuller too.

MrTwisT responds:

Thanks for the feedback! Will definitely work on those more! The filtered lead is actually supposed to sound high-passed in idea, but some tweaking is still required.

Pick Up The Phuuuuuuuuuu (mac) Pick Up The Phuuuuuuuuuu (mac)

awesome

i think the first little synth fill before the "pick up the phone" shouldnt have those last two notes, and should repeat once. it would be more like an initial alert before the song breaks in.

phone speakers squash the his and lows, i believe

otherwise very nice(catchy, funny, appropriate)!

(Old) Video Arcade Nightmare (Old) Video Arcade Nightmare

hmph

yea the semi tones sound cool, but you could have done so much more with the beat