Fallen (original mix) Fallen (original mix)

There's something about this that reminds me of Katamari Damacy. Ever played it? Roll up the world, star child.

I think it's the detuned synths strings and the phased out vocal funkery. Those coiny chip tune plunks in the background were just right. Excellent work.

Rainforest Dance Rainforest Dance

Took a while to build, but glad I stuck around. Really nice arpeggios on the plucked sounding synth. That is where I'm getting the rainforest vibe from...it's like a pan flute or something.

It'd be appropriate to add some high, waspy toms/bongos; It would really fill out the song during some of the slower parts. Song has a good enough structure, but there is not enough action for the full 6 minutes. Needs some more variation during the middle, after you've already established the theme. Completely random ending, haha.

Overall pretty good though. It's got a nice beat and the melody is catchy. Keep it up.

DinkBot responds:

Thanks RyeGuyHead!

When i started making this I was traveling through the mountains of Colorado, US. I was actually in the car when I came up with the original beat. I totally agree with the bongos...or something. It gets too repetitive, I need to work on that.

Thanks again!
^.^

Dinkbot will not.

Mismer Mismer

It's amazing how full you made just a synth and bass sound, but I suppose you had enough reverb and delay to fill the gaps. I was especially fond of the metallic bell sounding delay after the 30 sec mark. Bringing in the subtle acoustic guitar strumming was a very nice touch as well. It blended everything together; the sounds just starting melting into each other.

The only thing I could see adding to this without ruining the vibe would be some high pads/strings. Might mess up the audio spectrum though...

Great work, and a very entertaining listen (as always).

shangatang shangatang

I always get down to a good tom line - especially accompanied by some bongos. Really dug all of the percussive elements, even if they seemed random at times. Bass is low and gritty, and perfectly out of place.

The last 15 seconds were pretty weak compared to the rest of the song, but it definitely helped with the looping.

Tarteviant responds:

Thanks :3

Air Born Sunset Air Born Sunset

Nice build-up, but the hi-hats were too powerful in the beginning...almost had to turn it off (very sensitive ears) - I'm glad I didn't.

Impressive mix of oscillators, with some really phat sounds in there too. The interlude was unexpected, but really great, especially the pitch bends. I think the arps come in, the lead should probably fade back a bit more.

The ending lacked a little oomph. Everything came back together, which was nice...maybe it just didn't have enough bass. Yeah, that's probably it.

Good work

COH:L - Forest COH:L - Forest

How can Hope be Hopeless? Oh, Hope is a town? Maybe want to come up with another name...

But the MUSIC!

Very much getting the forest vibe, especially around the 15 second mark, where the melody is being tossed around to all of the instruments. I'm getting this sense of trudging along out of the bass. I like when the kicks/hi hats come in at the end, and I think you can utilize them more throughout.

Nice work!

(p.s. the loop is a bit off, should end around the 2:12 mark.)

Ironclover responds:

Hope isn't a town and hope can be hopeless. But thanks!

This High. This High.

ahhhhh, why is it only on the left? Listening to this in headphones is actually killing my high.

I think I get the tags now.

slopndoodle responds:

Whoops, forgot to mix it. I have to delete now.

Coffee Drinking Baby Eater Coffee Drinking Baby Eater

Nice little pad intro. Decent beat, especially during the "I eat the baby" parts. I'd prefer to hear a synth bass instead of that acoustic one, with all of the other elements in this.

The best part of the song, however, is that the listener has no idea that Dazbog is a coffee shop. Very strange.

Closer Within Closer Within

Very interesting story, similar to mine.

Although C flat and F flat? Why not just say B and E? haha

The voice that says "Bring the bass" should totally be an octave lower. I think it would 1) be appropriate with the lyrics 2) fill out the song.

Keep it up.

C112Covert responds:

thank you for being blunt. its hard to find someone that will actually be a critic. most are too nice. they just say good job without stating their true opinion. thank you for that. if i make more songs ill defiently run them by you. ill stay in touch.

Coldness Coldness

- Generosity Returned - (NG should bring back the heading section of reviews...)

It isn't the length that set me off so much as the builds. The way you worked the filters left the listener expecting more of an explosion once they hit their peak. Instead, the piece flowed into another section with (more of less) the same energy as the preceding one.

I'm not trying to downplay the overall vibe of the song, which is pretty damn chill. In fact, the overall composition flowed together quite superbly (especially the looping aspect of it).

If you were to extend this piece, the transition at 1:00 would be a great time to bring in the traditional 'boots-and-cats' beat. Overall, there should probably be more drums in this to get the listener nodding and bobbing their head.

The plucked part (acoustic guitar?) is suspect, and might be utilized better with a more poly synth type sound (to match the rest of the patches). As is, it totally works. However, the potential of this piece does make me think that this sounds a little out of place.

I hope you don't find this review too harsh. Constructive criticism is hard to find in the Audio Portal. Keep doing your thing!