I am sorry, little brother I am sorry, little brother

I sincerely hope that is not a true story...

Really pretty piece here. I'm impressed that you are able to keep my attention throughout despite it being 5 minutes of solo piano work. It really speaks to your ability to write a good melody and control your dynamic flow.

Still would have liked to hear some strings or something on this. Keep it up!

Sol responds:

thnx. ;)

-+[Exile Vilify]+- -+[Exile Vilify]+-

I've only played this game a little bit, but it's hard to imagine a song so beautiful in it...going to have to check out the original now.

I feel like the piano was a bit too low in register, could probably move everything up an octave (except for the intro, maybe). Sometimes the strings sounded like they were a bit behind in the attack envelope.

Your "dumb" voice is pretty amazing. Great expression and phrasing. The slight delay was a nice touch for some of the more intense sections, hardly noticeable but it definitely added to the atmosphere. What was that pad you added at the end? Could use some more of that...

This review might have been too serious, my bad.

LadyArsenic responds:

Lol it's ok, I like to take serious reviews home to go cry in a corner and tell myself I'm not worthy--- I mean, improve on my awesome work, obviously! :'>

I'm gonna say this now, and I know it's not the best excuse in the world, but I have the worst library ever and it hurts to use it sometimes. x_X The day I get a legit VST collection will be the best of my life and my music's life for sure.

Glad you like the singing though, you're too kind! :'>
The pad at the end is from a library called Ethereal, you can get it at www.precisionsound.com . The instrument is called Glassrike, it's fantastic.

Thanks so much for the review darling, it means everything!

<3 Mandi

The Fortress The Fortress

Diggin the powerful vibe. I really liked the new parts brought in at the 1:45 part.

Drum fills seemed a bit random at times, but did a good job of bringing together the transitions. There's just something about choirs that instantly make a song epic. I think throwing a little choir in with the DnB part would have given it a nice edge. Honestly, the organs felt a little out of place with all of the other elements going on...

Good stuff, though. Dynamics were utilized well and the flow kept the listener interested. Going to have to check out some of your other stuff now.

LOD123 responds:

Thanks a lot for the comment man, I always prefer a meticulous approach to a review ;) I understand about the organ, you're right, it does in some instances sound a bit out of place. I'm just a bit of a sucker for organ, I don't know why but I always have been, that's why a lot of my electronic stuff features the instrument. I was going for a much different dynamic range on this song, I kind of wanted it to be a little all over the place, if you get me. But I'm glad that you appreciated it and that you didn't feel it was a hindrance. Thanks again, and cheers for wanting to check out some more of my stuff!

Try This. Try This.

It's a little too empty and sporadic for my liking. It's also clipping at the end when the delay is running over itself.

corvett responds:

If you're talking about the very last sound you hear, it's actually vocals that have been extremely comb-filtered and clipped on purpose to make them sound that way.

MJ1 - China Toys MJ1 - China Toys

Very unique!

The only thing that really stood out at me that would make this song a lot better would be to mix up the bass line a little bit. Instead of always having the pattern always ascending, it would be cool to have it descend on the last two notes of the phrase every other time.

Other than that, I thought you did a good job with the dynamics and it flowed really well.

TheMadWasp responds:

Thanks, I agree about the bass, I reckon I could of changed it at the end, but at the time I didn't really think about it, but looking back I kinda feel that the bass should of been improved.

Thanks for reviewing!
-Madjasper1

Coyo91 - Fun Is Damn Coyo91 - Fun Is Damn

That's convenient.

Because Newgrounds doesn't like you either. :P

Coyo91 responds:

Aww is someone upset need a hug?

The Chupacabra The Chupacabra

I'm usually opposed to all thing loop/samples, but you did a really good job of mixing, splicing, and matching. I like how the song told a story too.

Nicely done.

~Camp Nights~ ~Camp Nights~

Maybe it's just because you called it out, but it does sorta remind me of a campout.

Here's an idea: Remix this song, using only instruments you'd take to a camping trip. Substitute the drums for bongos and claps, change the piano to a harmonica, etc.

The Way To Happiness The Way To Happiness

Oi!

I couldn't really tell if you were trying to go for the full orchestral feel or not. I think its the upper plucked part that's throwing me off. Try to use a pizzicato string for that part or find a better sample...I liked your use of the drums, they were sparse but very effective.

I'm not sure if you did this intentionally or not, but the chord progression is a carbon copy of pachelbel's cannon.

This would work well as a loop.

djahmusic responds:

I never heard the ''pachelbel's cannon'' you mentioned... this is simply my first basic instrumental track.
and thanx for the comment!

*~Begging For Snow~* *~Begging For Snow~*

It's a little late in the season to be begging for snow... ;)

During the improv, I would either remove that string/pad or have it played more throughout. It's a little random to have it play those two or three notes and then stop. I guess jazz is a little bit random, by nature though...

Once the actual song started, I struggled to find the lead instrument. That's really the only thing that "Actual Song" part is missing. Find some way to solo over it (maybe a sax)

What's up with the ending?

KittenBeat responds:

I disagree with you in the first part. I think the small bit of flute adds color, but that's just me x)

The idea behind this was a very ambient, relaxed song, like something that would go behind a short flash, so I tried to keep it pretty chill when it comes to leads.
On a side note, I can't play the sax :\
I've never been good at winds.

I ran out of ideas and just wrapped it up at the ending. It's not like I put a whole load of effort into this, it's just some tune I made for newgrounds :P

Thanks for the review c: